Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Seasons are Good to an Extent

With snow storms in New York in the middle of October, and earthquakes in Arkansas, living in a state with such drastic seasons can have a damper on your life. As a New York native I dealt with the brutally hot summers and extreme cold winters, which are fine every now and then but I don’t want to have to dress my kids in head-to-toe winter gear for trick-or-treating as many experienced this past Halloween. This year I enjoyed being able to take my kids door-to-door with just a light jacket in hand.

After moving to North Carolina four years ago I realized what normal seasons are. In most cases, it’s hot when it’s supposed to be and cold when it’s suppose to be. I feel like the little girl in the children’s story “The Three Little Bears.” I finally found a state that’s not too hot and not too cold - it's just right! The weather, in particular, is just one of the many reasons I love living in this beautiful state.

As we approach winter I may not know if we are going to get a white Christmas and while the unpredictability can be aggravating, I like that we at least have options. I couldn’t’ live in a state where it was constantly hot, or pouring down rain, especially for our active lifestyle. We spent a lot of our summer on our boat on Lake Norman and all I could think about was how blessed I was to be able to experience and enjoy this beautiful weather with my family.

Mooresville, North Carolina in particular has provided my family and I with some great outdoor fun. On top of the many days out on the Lake, we were able to enjoy the beautiful parks located near our neighborhood. And we can’t forget about the shopping. Mooresville may have a reputation for being country but it’s one of the largest cities in North Carolina and has really grown over the years. Everything is at your convenience and has all the great qualities of a big city minus the over population. What more could you ask for?

So I happily put away my summer shorts and pull out the heavy jacket and snow shovel, just in case. And I ask you, are you living in a state that makes you happy? If not, do something about it. Life isn’t meant to be stuck inside. Live life! Enjoy the seasons!

Visit http://astiles.wilkinsonandassociates.com/ for more information.




Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ann-Stiles-Real-Estate/236706583053452

No comments:

Post a Comment